|Radiant skin image courtesy of avalla|
Since our facial skin can be very sensitive, it's important to choose facial wipes that won't irritate, burn, cause pain or rashes. It's surprising to see this warning on any facial cleansing wipe:
What are these companies thinking? We ARE using them on our entire face.
We review our favorite facial cleansing wipes from customers just like me and you.
|Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleansing Pads by amazon|
For daily facial cleansing to remove makeup, dirt, reduce acne flare ups, customers like the Desert Essence brand facial cleansing pads. Key ingredients include: Witch hazel, organically grown grain alcohol, organically grown tea tree oil, neem oil, extracts of chamomile, goldenseal, Hawaiian white ginger, bladderwrack, essential oils of bergamot and lavender. Not recommended for eye makeup removal due to witch hazel which is too harsh for the gentle eye area but, still a great choice to keep the skin clean. Use in the morning and at night for best results.
|Acure Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes image by amazon|
Acure Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes
For sensitive skin types, Acure Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes are mild and unscented facial wipes that won't irritate and burn the skin. Key ingredients include:
(from the amazon website) Water, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Polysorbate 20 (Sugar Alcohol), Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Potassium Sorbate (Food Grade Preservative), Citric Acid (Food Grade), Glyceryl Caprylate (From Glycerin + Coconut), Glyceryl Undecylenate (From Glycerin + Castor Bean Oil). Vegan. Sulfate Free. Cruelty Free. Paraben Free. Gluten Free. PEG Free. Petroleum Free. Phthalate Free. Silicone Free.
|Alba Botanica Hawaiian 3 in 1 Clean Towelettes by amazon|
Alba Botanica Hawaiian 3 in 1 Clean Towelettes are made with vegetarian ingredients and will remove waterproof mascara and all your makeup, they're biodegradable, soft, refreshing cloths with natural ingredients such as: (from the amazon website) Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(1), Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract, Barosma Betulina Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Allantoin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Babassu Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Esters, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Panthenol, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Sodium PCA, Benzoic A
|Lumene Sensitive Touch Gentle Cleansing Wipes by amazon|
|Blum Naturals Daily Combination/Oily Skin Towelettes|
Inglot Milk and Tonic Facial Cleansing Wipes are one of my favorites!
|Inglot Milk and Tonic Makeup Remover Wipes image by radiantskinexpertadvice|
Tips for How to Use Facial Makeup Remover Wipes to Make them Last Longer:
- Use one facial wipe per application. Most are large enough to remove dirt and makeup once.
- Fold in half for easier use and wipe the eyes first, then use the other side to remove dirt and makeup.
- Use the container they arrive in. Most facial wipes come in containers that have a resealable bag so they won't dry out.
- Keep your resealable container tightly closed immediately after use to retain their moistness.
- When your facial wipes arrive, turn the container upside down. When they're packaged for shipping, we don't know how long ago that was and they've been in an upright position for possibly a long time. The moisture automatically drops to the bottom of the container. Turning it upside down will help to moisten the wipes on top so you won't get a dry wipe.
- If your facial wipes are flushable, they can be discarded quickly down the toilet and will not harm plumbing. Otherwise, throw them in the garbage.
- Use makeup remover wipes as needed. Just don't get so used to using them that you avoid doing your proper skin care routine.
We hope you'll see that the most inexpensive facial cleansing wipes aren't always the best choices since they can contain chemicals, irritants, colorants, animal by products and are harsh on our sensitive facial skin. These top five cleansing wipes are organic with healthy ingredients that your skin will love. You're worth a few extra dollars don't you think.
Find more of our skin care tips and thanks for your continued support and sharing articles and reviews that help you.
What is your favorite facial cleansing wipe? Did we include it here? Let us know so we can review it and add it here.