|Tips to Soften Dry Cracked Feet image courtesy of istockphoto.com|
If you have feet that are sore, achy, blistered, callused and dry with flaking or peeling skin, you'll benefit from taking the time to give your feet a soothing bath with invigorating products that soothe and heal.
Follow these tips to refresh and soothe dry, itchy problem feet so that you can avoid problems and pain with your feet, feel more energized, sleep better and prevent future health problems with your feet.
Place a towel on the floor under the basin (see my favorite pampering treatment portable spa bath below) or at the bottom of bathtub.
Fill a bath basin or the bathtub with enough warm water to cover the feet.
Dr. Scholl's offers pulsating invigoration to the feet
One of my favorite pampering treatments is to soak in a foot bath!
|Soften Dry Cracked Feet with the Dr. Scholl's Pedicure Foot Spa|
Add a cap full of your favorite bubble bath with several drops of aromatherapy essential oil (lavender, ylang ylang, peppermint or orange work well to refresh and soothe). I love a warm foot soak while relaxing at night watching tv. It makes a great gift idea too for your loved ones that need some pampering.
Tea Tree Oil Soak
Soothing, relaxing, invigorating and feels soooo refreshingly good!Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak 10 oz
Check Amazon Price: Buy Now
Sit on a comfortable chair if using the bath basin or gently at the edge of the tub being careful to hold on and slowly place feet in the warm bath.
Soak feet for 10-15 minutes or longer if possible. Add more warm water if necessary. One great place to have a portable bath soak is in the evening while watching television. Soak for as long as possible to smooth and soften the skin and to keep calluses at bay.
Lift one foot out of the bath at a time. Use a pumice stone that you can hang to dry when you're done to gently remove dry, peeling and calloused skin at heels and ball of feet where most pressure is applied that is causing pain and discomfort. Do the entire area even at back of toes and repeat on the other side.
- Just be careful not to work on one area of the foot without moving the pumice stone or you may end up removing too much at once and causing more pain.
Apply a natural foot scrub, massaging for a minute or two to remove excess dry skin. Try Tree Hut Exfoliating Foot Scrub for a cooling, peppermint, refreshing treatment for sore, aching, dry, cracked feet at a super affordable price for natural organic ingredients.
Focus on any particularly sore areas to increase the circulation, refresh and soothe. The best ingredients are natural products that soothe such as peppermint, clove, lavender, chamomile, tea tree oil or grape seed extract.
Don't forget to clean your toenails too. Use a nail brush and rub it gently across the tops of the nails and even around the edges. It's amazing what can be under our toenails!
Rinse and remove feet from the bath, gently pat dry with clean towel.
Apply an aromatherapy lotion with peppermint, geranium, rose, grapefruit or almond extracts to entire surface area including the ankle. Massage thoroughly until the feet feel hydrated and relaxed. If extreme dryness and cracking occur, apply a thick layer of natural lotion and then wear a soft cotton sock overnight, even while sleeping to allow the lotion to penetrate deeply.
Natural Peppermint Daily Treatment is a Treat for your Feet!Natural Peppermint Foot Lotion
Check Amazon Price: Buy Now
Contains coconut, grapeseed oil and apricot kernel oil to calm and relieve irritated, painful feet. Karanja oil is disinfecting and a natural deodorizer too. Use it daily for maximum results to relieve dry cracked and irritated feet.
Repeat the refreshing and soothing bath at least weekly to increase circulation and soften feet or as often as necessary to refresh and soothe dryness. You should see improvement within several treatments. Apply lotion every morning and evening to see faster improvement.
Tips & Warnings
- Use extreme caution if sitting on edge of bathtub or use rail or chair
- Seek professional medical advice for severe foot problems or unrelieved pain lasting more than two weeks.
- Start a simple exercise program daily to increase circulation and reduce problems associated with the footwear.
- Avoid wearing shoes that fit improperly to reduce continued problems with the feet and dry cracked feet.
- Check with your doctor if you are taking medications that cause dry skin and problems as there may be an alternative medication you could be taking instead.
- Increase fresh fruits and fresh vegetables that provide natural hydration and necessary vitamins for health and wellness.
- Add Vitamin B to your daily supplements.
- Use these Tips to Soften Dry Cracked Feet weekly until you start to see results. Then you can do them monthly for maintenance.