Looking for the Best Way to Clean Makeup Brushes?
Professional makeup artists know the importance of cleaning makeup brushes for the health of the skin, to get the best makeup application and to make sure that contamination doesn't occur from used and dirty makeup brushes. Regular cleaning of your makeup brushes and sponges will also help them last as long as possible to protect your investment.
If you're an aspiring professional makeup artist, a make up guru or just want to make sure that you're using the proper tools and equipment to get the best look at home, you must keep your tools - brushes and makeup sponges clean at all times.
Dirty makeup brushes can hold germs and bacteria that we can end up transferring to our clean skin. Using dirty makeup brushes and sponges could be one of the reasons you don't have clean and radiant skin.
Cleaning makeup brushes doesn't take long and it will help your brushes last longer and perform much better with some simple tips. Your tools should be thoroughly cleaned at least once a week or more often if you use them daily with heavy applications or multiple colors. Use these tips for the best way to clean makeup brushes.
Easy Steps to Cleaning Makeup Brushes
|Derma-nu Natural Makeup Remover and Cleansing Milk to Clean Makeup Brushes!|
* Buy a natural and chemical free makeup remover that is alcohol free, paraben-free and fragrance free and suitable and gentle enough for the most sensitive skin and even safe for contact lens wearers. Most makeup removers come in a liquid or gel form. The pads won't work for cleaning your brushes.
|Klorane Makeup Remover is Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested. Hypoallergenic. Fragrance-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free and colorant-free in a convenient pump|
* Pour a small amount of the eye makeup remover into the palm of your hand.
* Take one of your brushes and swirl the brush end into the cleaner in your hand until all the bristles of the brush are well coated with the cleaner. Spend a full minute or two swirling the brush end into the cleaner.
* Rinse the brush end under tepid water until all of the dirt and makeup are removed making sure to allow the water to run down the bristles of the brush and not into the handle area. (This will help your applicators to last longer and keep the handle from separating from the handle).
* Squeeze as much water from the bristle end with your hand making sure to keep the shape of it intact.
* Next, use a towel to squeeze out more water.
* Lay it flat on the sink with the bristle end hanging into the sink area and not on the surface of the sink or the towel to air dry OR use a large glass or cup to dry the makeup brush by resting the handle area into the glass. Air drying is the best way and the fastest way to dry the makeup brush bristles.
* Repeat this procedure for all of your brushes and sponges until they are all cleaned.
|Proper storage of makeup brushes will help them last longer|
* Once each sponge or makeup brush is completely dry, store them in a case or container that allows each one to lay flat and covered. This will help them to stay clean when not in use. This is one of the best priced portable cosmetic cases that can be used every day and for travel with pockets to separate all your makeup brushes, sponges and products.
If the bristles on your makeup brushes are falling out or they don't hold their shape and not doing a good job applying your products, it's probably time to get a new set of Eco-Friendly Brushes.
|If it's time to replace your makeup brushes, try Eco-Friendly 100% Vegan and cruelty free with bamboo handles|
Cleaning makeup brushes is fast and easy and most will dry overnight so it's a good habit to get into to clean them in the evening and air dry overnight for use the next day. Also, the more often you clean your brushes, the less build up inside those bristles making cleaning easier and faster each time. Avoiding chemicals when cleaning brushes will help the bristles stay intact and help to maintain the shape and longevity of the investment you made with all those very important makeup tools.
Now that you're ready to clean your makeup brushes, you might want to take some time to read Clean out your makeup bag!